Soper Creek Wildlife Rescue is armed with a team of dedicated volunteers without whom we would not be able to care for the large number of animals that reside here.
Spring time calls for around the clock care for infants that have been abandoned or orphaned. Our specially licensed Foster Parents assist with the care of these individuals, ensuring they will be well prepared for life back in the wild.
Will You Help Save Our Wildlife?
Volunteering your time to help a sick, injured or orphaned animal warms the heart like nothing else can. There are many different ways to help the wildlife here at Soper Creek Wildlife Rescue:
- Donation of Items on our Wish List
General Requirements for Volunteering
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer in the wildlife rehabilitation centre. Due to the nature of volunteering with native species whom can carry different zoonotic diseases we can not allow anyone under the age of 18 to volunteer within this department.
- Volunteers must have their own transportation so they can arrive for their scheduled shifts on time.
- Time commitments vary according to the section in which a person volunteers. But in general we do require 4 hours per week, for a minimum of 6 months.
- Volunteers must exercise caution and sound judgment at all times when working with wild animals. You will undergo training sessions and written tests for proper animal care before being able to work alone.
- Volunteers must remember that as representatives of Soper Creek Wildlife Rescue, they must act in a professional manner when dealing with the public. We count on the public for support, and they must be treated courteously and with respect at all times.